Women, it’s time to stop hating your bountiful derrieres and your curvy thighs.
As it turns out, not only do these two features make you more attractive to a majority of men, thanks to their biologically programmed preferences, but they may also indicate that you’re smarter and in better health than your apple-shaped sisters.
Plus, scientists say, bottom-heavy women may also have extra protection against diabetes, heart disease and a host of other conditions associated with obesity.
Women with “larger than average” backsides were also found to be very resistant to chronic illnesses, University of Oxford researchers report.
Other key findings:
- Women with big butts have lower cholesterol levels and are more likely to be able to metabolize sugar properly—that’s why they’re less likely to get diabetes.
- In order to maintain a “big” butt, your body requires an excess of Omega 3 fats, which catalyze brain development.
- Researchers found that children born to women with wide hips are statistically more intelligent than the children of slimmer-hipped women.
“I like big butts and I can not lie. You other brothers can’t deny that when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face,
you get sprung.” ~Sir Mix-a-Lot
But girls–this is not a license to embrace obesity! Take note.
Still, researchers say, some fat can still be very unhealthy. For example, belly fat can be a serious danger to your health.
And being extremely overweight, regardless of shape, is still fraught with health risks–so it’s important to be healthy. But it’s also incredibly important to LOVE YOUR BODY, the way it is, right now, in this moment.
And ladies…I’m going to be really, painfully honest with you here. I have personally lost more than 100 pounds–and I still have a big, round butt. However, I don’t hear any complaints about it. 🙂
So love the skin you’re in!
- It’s OK to Be Awesome: How to Step Into Your Greatness
- Beautifully You: How to Love Yourself, Inside and Out
- 200+ Fitness Motivational Quotes and Pictures to Inspire You
- Confessions of a Fitness Guru: ‘I secretly eat chocolate chip cookies in the middle of the night’